BD Moonlight - cheap!

7:30 p.m. on February 24, 2004 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
4,275 reviewer rep
5,989 forum posts

Mountain Gear has the Moonlight and Moonlight Pro on sale right now really cheap. The old Moonlight is $17.98 and the Pro is $24.98. The thing I like about Mountain Gear is that they often have really great prices. The thing I don't like is that the item is usually on sale *after* I get something, and for a huge amount less than I paid. Unlike the electronic widget stores, the outdoor stores do not have a "guaranteed low price within 30 days" policy. Sigh...

6:06 a.m. on February 25, 2004 (EST)
28 reviewer rep
1,261 forum posts
Hmmmm, "Moonlight Pro", I'm leary of that

That's exactly what Sierra Trading Post calls thier version of the Moonlight - that supposedly has the variable light output and doesn't. @ ~$24.95

The one I bought at Campmor for $29.95 does have the variable light output and is called "new style Moonlight II".

Almost a month and I still have not received a credit from Sierra Trading Post. They claim they are still processing Christmas returns....wonder why they get so many returns?

I think they are a very poor example of a retail chain.

One quick way to tell which model your getting is the latest version of the Moonlight operates on 3 AAA batteries.

The old style uses 3 AA batteries.

11:53 a.m. on February 25, 2004 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
4,275 reviewer rep
5,989 forum posts
Both models

Mountain Gear has *both* models on sale. They are quite knowledgable, so I would trust them not to make a mistake. The "standard" is $17.98 or 3 for $49.98, while the Pro is $24.98. By the way, the box for my Pro just says "Moonlight", no "Pro", no "II". And yes, it does have variable levels and 3 AAA batteries.

12:59 p.m. on February 25, 2004 (EST)
28 reviewer rep
1,261 forum posts
actually three models

They have the real old (no variable light 3 AAA's),

the old (no variable light 3 AA's)

and the newest (variable output and back to 3 AAA's) for $29.95.

They are probably dumping all the discontinued merchandise.

December 12, 2017
Quick Reply