BD Moonlight - cheap!

7:30 p.m. on February 24, 2004 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,258 forum posts

Mountain Gear has the Moonlight and Moonlight Pro on sale right now really cheap. The old Moonlight is $17.98 and the Pro is $24.98. The thing I like about Mountain Gear is that they often have really great prices. The thing I don't like is that the item is usually on sale *after* I get something, and for a huge amount less than I paid. Unlike the electronic widget stores, the outdoor stores do not have a "guaranteed low price within 30 days" policy. Sigh...

6:06 a.m. on February 25, 2004 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
Hmmmm, "Moonlight Pro", I'm leary of that

That's exactly what Sierra Trading Post calls thier version of the Moonlight - that supposedly has the variable light output and doesn't. @ ~$24.95

The one I bought at Campmor for $29.95 does have the variable light output and is called "new style Moonlight II".

Almost a month and I still have not received a credit from Sierra Trading Post. They claim they are still processing Christmas returns....wonder why they get so many returns?

I think they are a very poor example of a retail chain.

One quick way to tell which model your getting is the latest version of the Moonlight operates on 3 AAA batteries.

The old style uses 3 AA batteries.

11:53 a.m. on February 25, 2004 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,258 forum posts
Both models

Mountain Gear has *both* models on sale. They are quite knowledgable, so I would trust them not to make a mistake. The "standard" is $17.98 or 3 for $49.98, while the Pro is $24.98. By the way, the box for my Pro just says "Moonlight", no "Pro", no "II". And yes, it does have variable levels and 3 AAA batteries.

12:59 p.m. on February 25, 2004 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
actually three models

They have the real old (no variable light 3 AAA's),

the old (no variable light 3 AA's)

and the newest (variable output and back to 3 AAA's) for $29.95.

They are probably dumping all the discontinued merchandise.

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply