Eureka Packs

3:30 p.m. on February 28, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I just picked up a Eureka pack for an excellent price. I am wondering if anyone knows about or has actually used Eureka packs before. I have a Propulsion 43 and am hoping that I really just got a great deal and not an unreliable pack. Any ideas?

6:24 p.m. on February 28, 2004 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts
I have owned nothing but Eureka/Camp Trails packs....

My first was the Eureka Talon, an exterior frame pack and now I have the Camp Trails Wilderness internal frame.

I have had zero material or worksmanship problems with either pack (the Talon did have straps that were slippery and needed frequent adjustment).

In my opinion, you get a lot more than you pay for with these packs.

10:50 p.m. on February 28, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Kate, Kate F

The pack I used (and abused) for years was/is a Eureka Eiger (around 50 L) and I have never had any workmanship or quality issues with it. I don't use it for backpacking anymore because its gotten a little too small (or I have acquired more stuff) but I use it everyday for school, and as a daypack/climbing gear bag as well. My only complaint with some of their packs is that the torso length isn't adjustable, so make sure it fits you well if it doesn't adjust.

I agree with Ed G that you get far more than you pay for with Eureka. I also have Mountainsmith and Lowe Alpine packs, and I think the quality of the Eureka is comparable.

Cheers!

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply