WT Belay Jacket

3:41 p.m. on March 25, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Found a good deal on one online, I was just curious to hear what people had to say about it for winter climbing, camping, and going to class. Anythoughts would be apricated.
Mark

4:28 p.m. on March 25, 2004 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,311 forum posts

Good jacket for winter camping (moderate temps), rest stops while BC skiing or glacier travel, belaying on ice climbs, though I like my ID Andanista better. Don't know anything about wearing it to class (too many years ago), except that WT doesn't have the cachet of Pata and TNF among the fashionistas. Hey, WT is climber clothing, not fashion wear.

5:34 p.m. on March 27, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: WT Belay Jacket - further question

Thanks was thinking more about longterm durablity and as a studant I cant afford to have a jacket for every situation (although I may try). You said moderat temps. what range were you talking about?

Quote:

Good jacket for winter camping (moderate temps), rest stops while BC skiing or glacier travel, belaying on ice climbs, though I like my ID Andanista better. Don't know anything about wearing it to class (too many years ago), except that WT doesn't have the cachet of Pata and TNF among the fashionistas. Hey, WT is climber clothing, not fashion wear.

1:03 p.m. on March 29, 2004 (EST)
2,430 reviewer rep
5,311 forum posts
Re: WT Belay Jacket - further question

Quote:

Thanks was thinking more about longterm durablity and as a studant I cant afford to have a jacket for every situation (although I may try). You said moderat temps. what range were you talking about?

Yeah, moderate temps in the Sierra differ from Minnesota differ from Alaska. I find my Andinista (very similar to the Wild Things) to be comfortable for standing around for long periods down to about 20F (depending on what else I have on, of course), and down to 0 if I am doing moderate hiking. It really depends on you, your metabolism, and your activity level.

2:54 p.m. on March 29, 2004 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Dolomitti...v...Andinista...

Quote:

Yeah, moderate temps in the Sierra differ from Minnesota differ from Alaska. I find my Andinista (very similar to the Wild Things) to be comfortable for standing around for long periods down to about 20F (depending on what else I have on, of course), and down to 0 if I am doing moderate hiking. It really depends on you, your metabolism, and your activity level.

Uhh...senior moment, Bill? Andinista is a pack made by Wild Things. Dolomitti is a jacket made by Integral Designs.

Brian in SLC

7:59 p.m. on March 29, 2004 (EST)
2,430 reviewer rep
5,311 forum posts
mumble, mumble, mumble ....

Quote:

Uhh...senior moment, Bill? Andinista is a pack made by Wild Things. Dolomitti is a jacket made by Integral Designs.

Ummm, must have been a slight shift of the fingers on the keyboard. Yeah, I meant the ID jacket, comparing to the WT jacket. Both belay jacket types. Then again, maybe you could climb inside the pack???? Just wait a couple more years, Brain. Yer gettin up there. Usually starts at about age 40, so they say.

October 21, 2014
Quick Reply