Robens tents

4:10 p.m. on March 25, 2004 (EST)

Does anyone have any experience with Robens tents? I had never heard of them and they are not reviewed here either (as far as i can see).

I am shopping around for a 3-season, 2-person, ~3kg tent. And the Robens Challenger seems almost too good to be true. It is roughly half the price of comparable tents, like - on paper at least - the north face's tadpole. i can find the challenger for around 150 euro; the tadpole for 280 euro. (I am living in berlin at the moment). i am willing to pay up to 200 euro.

does it come down to the quality of the material used? can i tell if it's any good by looking at it?

robens apparently uses "hydrotex titan": polyester, silicon-proofed, 5000mm water resistant, leaps tall buildings in a single bound. i always though silicon proofing was pretty good. or is this just jargon that's sucked me in?

their website is (there's review in german there but it sounds like they have only looked at the tent, not actually used it.)

any advice appreciated.

1:28 p.m. on April 14, 2004 (EDT)

i have got a robens small dreamer tent and it is great it is a two person tent and weighs 2.5kg its a good little tent and got it for under 100pound

3:09 p.m. on July 31, 2004 (EDT)

I'm looking to pick up a new tent - a robens tent. Anyone got any comments on the differences between the cloud 2 and the Chalenger? I am intending to do some winter work using the tent.

October 13, 2015
Quick Reply