Robens tents

4:10 p.m. on March 25, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Does anyone have any experience with Robens tents? I had never heard of them and they are not reviewed here either (as far as i can see).

I am shopping around for a 3-season, 2-person, ~3kg tent. And the Robens Challenger seems almost too good to be true. It is roughly half the price of comparable tents, like - on paper at least - the north face's tadpole. i can find the challenger for around 150 euro; the tadpole for 280 euro. (I am living in berlin at the moment). i am willing to pay up to 200 euro.

does it come down to the quality of the material used? can i tell if it's any good by looking at it?

robens apparently uses "hydrotex titan": polyester, silicon-proofed, 5000mm water resistant, leaps tall buildings in a single bound. i always though silicon proofing was pretty good. or is this just jargon that's sucked me in?

their website is http://www.robens.co.uk/index.html. (there's review in german there but it sounds like they have only looked at the tent, not actually used it.)

any advice appreciated.
cheers,
david

1:28 p.m. on April 14, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

i have got a robens small dreamer tent and it is great it is a two person tent and weighs 2.5kg its a good little tent and got it for under 100pound

3:09 p.m. on July 31, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

I'm looking to pick up a new tent - a robens tent. Anyone got any comments on the differences between the cloud 2 and the Chalenger? I am intending to do some winter work using the tent.

Thanks

Bert

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply