Hilleberg Akto Tent

2:19 p.m. on April 2, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Anyone have experience with the 1-person Hilleberg Akto tent. I've heard a few good things but I was looking for some additional folks with first-hand experience with this tent. Thanks up front for your input!

Scott

3:08 p.m. on April 2, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

I forgot to state in my original email, if anyone has experience with any other excellent 1-person tents, the info would also be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Quote:

Anyone have experience with the 1-person Hilleberg Akto tent. I've heard a few good things but I was looking for some additional folks with first-hand experience with this tent. Thanks up front for your input!

Scott

8:06 p.m. on April 2, 2004 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Scott, Check out the forums on backpacking.net There are a lot of posts about lightweight tents including the Akto.

Quote:

Scott

2:57 p.m. on April 8, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Randy in Seattle

Scott...I have both a Garuda Atman and a Hilleberg Akto...like them both really well. The Akto is a bit lighter and easier to set up. The Garuda is a little taller in headspace but weights 3/4 lb. more. I've used the Akto in winter in the Cascades several times recently and get very little condensation..same for the Garuda but the Akto is a tad better ventilated.

Another friend took his Akto in the Winds last year (late August) and left it up in a sustained 25-40 mph wind for two days on the backside of the Cirque...wierd weather conditions and it barely flapped. I was in our Hilleberg Namatj as there was myself and my partner and she likes some room. It's only 5 lb as well and has a rear window that we like.

The third solo person in our party just bought an Akto (there are 4 so only one is Aktoless) so that kind of sums it up for us.
Cheers,
Randy Nelson
Seattle

Quote:

I forgot to state in my original email, if anyone has experience with any other excellent 1-person tents, the info would also be greatly appreciated!

Scott

Quote:

Scott

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply