Scarpa Rio Boots

3:56 p.m. on May 8, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

I recently noticed on Scarpa's international site that the Rio's are no longer offered by Scarpa. (However, the US site still displays the boot, but this may be due to excess stock which they are trying to get rid of.)

I was planning on getting a pair this fall so I can break them in over the winter for next year. Does someone have the status of these boots, as they are Scarpa's only stitchdown, Norwegian boot.

10:37 p.m. on May 8, 2004 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
134 forum posts

I bought my Rio's about 2 years ago and absolutely love the boot. Suggest you call the folks at Black Diamond and direct your question to them. When I was considering my purchase and had questions about sizing and fit they were most helpful. Steve

Quote:

I recently noticed on Scarpa's international site that the Rio's are no longer offered by Scarpa. (However, the US site still displays the boot, but this may be due to excess stock which they are trying to get rid of.)

I was planning on getting a pair this fall so I can break them in over the winter for next year. Does someone have the status of these boots, as they are Scarpa's only stitchdown, Norwegian boot.

11:53 a.m. on May 10, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

I contacted Scarpa-USA and found out that the Rio is no longer in production, but the US distributor has stock in all sizes currently. According to Scarpa, they are moving toward boots with more synthetic materials and advanced (i.e. - cheap) construction.

7:11 p.m. on May 11, 2004 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
134 forum posts

Thanks for the info. What a shame, the Rio is among the last of its kind, FGL, leather lined, norwegian welt. Just might order a fresh pair.

Quote:

I contacted Scarpa-USA and found out that the Rio is no longer in production, but the US distributor has stock in all sizes currently. According to Scarpa, they are moving toward boots with more synthetic materials and advanced (i.e. - cheap) construction.

5:56 p.m. on May 22, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

The Rios are actually Fabianos. Fabiano and Scarpa merged years ago, some of the Fabianos were continued as Scarpas but now the Fabianos have been discontinued.
I have a pair of Rios and they are outstanding in every way.
get 'em while you can.

August 30, 2014
Quick Reply