About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Yosemite Gone?

9:47 p.m. on September 28, 2004 (EDT)
(Guest)

Just got back from an awesome trip to Yosemite. It was amazing and really changed my life. Had alot of time to think about issues and now I have to speak on this.

I have been wondering why more emphasis isnt being put on environmental issues during this presidential campaign?! I understand that terrorism and economy are important but they are not the ONLY issues. How about education and our planet? It will be interesting to see what the candidates say about the environment(if anything) during the debates.

Can we all agree our planet and natural resources are in big trouble? I found a site called www.patagoniavote.com that is commited to educating people about the environmental mess weve gotten ourselves into. They challenge you to learn more about each candidate and where they stand on these critital issues. There is also a link to a killer documentary called Monumental about the story of David Brower, who pratically saved the Grand Canyon!

I saw a scary stat on there that said 30% of Sierra Club members didn't even vote in 2000 election! I'm not a member but it leads me to ask why? Whoever you vote for for president make sure they share your environmental vision. Am i the only one who's feeling this way?

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply