Integral Design's Down Bag Questions

7:04 p.m. on December 13, 2004 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Hello am doing some Down bag research and would like to know if there are any 'owners' of ID's Down bags out here, specifically interested in the XPDOO +20 degree bag.

In the standard cut the foot box is a whopping 45-inches verses other manufacturers of 42". I sleep cold, roll around in my sleep, etc, but their tapered bag has only a 30-inch zipper.

I'd also like to know if Integral Designs has been known to be fairly accurate on their weights? Are they close or way off mark? Asking for both overall weight and fill weight as in are these bags stuffed well or not?

Lastly, I'm not a UL guy nor do I want to go that route so please only ID owners or users thanks.

11:29 p.m. on December 14, 2004 (EST)
3 reviewer rep
98 forum posts

Not specifically about the XPD00, but check out this thread about Integral Designs bags:

[url]http://www.trailspace.com/backcountry/messages/21020.html[/url]

If you have further questions, I'll try to answer.

12:29 p.m. on December 15, 2004 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,298 forum posts

I looked at T-Bill's reference and agree with the comments there by bill and the other poster. I don't have one of ID's down bags, but do have one of their +20F Primaloft bags. It is perhaps a little on the large side, but in the fabrics I chose, it drapes very well and has proven better than the rated +20F. I have other gear from them as well and have been very well pleased with the quality and the service. The weights have been spot on for the items I got, and their descriptions have been quite accurate. I have seen several ID down bags in use, and the folks I was with all praised them highly. The other "stuffed" item I have from them is a Dolomiti jacket, which is also Primaloft - again accurate weight, drapes very well, the warmth I expected from it.

I wish Ice Dawg would chime in here, since he has lots of ID gear, including down items. But I haven't heard from him in a loooonnnng while. John, where are you when we need you? He has had lots of high praise for ID's gear, and he puts hard use on things up there in Alaska.

September 30, 2014
Quick Reply