What is a MSR Miniworks

9:17 a.m. on July 24, 2005 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I use a miniworks as my as a source to drinkable water, but is it a filter or purifier? I've been told that its a purifier, but everywhere I look on the internet it says its a filter. What is it?

9:43 p.m. on July 24, 2005 (EDT)
RETAILER
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

the Miniworks is a filter. Any water unit that passes through a ceranmic or other element to filter the water is considered a filter. If there is pumping involved, it's a filter. The filter will remove harmful bacteria and other bugs. A filter cannot protect against viruses however. For that, it would be wise to filter and purify your water. Purifying the water can be done with chemical solutions, boiling the water or using UV light like the new MSR Miox filter. Of course, you could just purify the water and that would kill any harmful bacteria also.

12:58 a.m. on July 25, 2005 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

There is another thread here with a whole series of posts on filters v. purifiers. I suggest you read those as well as do a Google or Yahoo search. There is plenty of info on the various ways of treating water on the Net.

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply