About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Exped Vella II Extreme Tent

9:15 p.m. on August 14, 2005 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Anyone have opinions on Exped products? I recently purchased a downmat 7 and love it. I'm looking at Exped sleeping bags and the Vella II Extreme Tent. Just wanted to get some experienced opinions. They are a little pricey. Thanks ........

4:16 a.m. on September 2, 2005 (EDT)
(Guest)

I not so long ago bought a Vela 1 Extreme. Well, it's a 1-person tent and a bit restricted. Takes some getting used to I guess. But that's beside the point. The Vela 2 seems to have lots of room . More head room as well.

Anyway, what I like the most is the porch. It is huge and spacious; I can sit in it. No problem whatsoever to cook with all the gear still inside. The Vela 2 has even bigger porches, so not even close to storage problems even if you are two people with way too much gear.

It's also good that you can have the porch fully open with all the gear and the canopy still protected from the rain

And the roll-up feature of the fly is good to have if you need even more ventilation. It takes seconds to roll the fly back out in case of a shower.

Workmanship excellent.

Stated weight actual weight (Amen!)

My dislikes are that there are webbings going everywhere. That is to say, a bit complicated in design. I took the canopy and fly apart and I am still not sure that I have attached everything back the way it was supposed to be. There are also loops and things hanging from the canopy that I still haven't found a use for. That is also to say, instructions are a bit poor. Storage bag a bit flimsy but that's not really an issue.

April 17, 2014
Quick Reply