Purchasing tents from the UK

11:25 p.m. on November 19, 2005 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I purchased the Saunders tent from England. Thus far I have not received it even though it was mailed to me on the 8th of November.

I'm thinking that my tent is somehow held up in Customs (at the US Port of Entry).

Anyone have any experience with purchasing gear from oversea Companies? What can you share with me in this regard? Many thanks in advance!

Bruce

8:53 p.m. on November 20, 2005 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I received the following from CBP website:

Informal Entries: If the value of your purchase(s) is less than $2000 and your goods are being shipped by mail or freight, they may, in most cases, be imported as an informal entry. However, there are exceptions to this. For instance, if the importation is determined to be for commercial purposes, the value limit for filing an informal entry for many textile items is either $250 or $0 - depending on whether or not the item is subject to Quota (see below). Clearing goods through CBP as an informal entry is less arduous a process than clearing them by filing a formal entry. Essentially, when goods are cleared as an informal entry, CBP will prepare the paperwork, including determining the classification number and duty rate for your merchandise.

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply