Eureka K2 XT

6:50 a.m. on February 21, 2006 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

with all the ventilation this tent has to offer, do you think this would be a perfect all season tent for northern Michigan camping? I like the size it offers for my girl, dog,as well as myself.http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39168586&memberId=12500226

1:01 p.m. on February 21, 2006 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

Here is the tent I am using right now here in southern Wisconsin. It works perfect for all my camping needs-regardless of season: http://alpsmountaineering.com/Taurus%20OF.htm

1:25 p.m. on February 22, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a k2 for sale if interested. It has been used one nite. Not soiled or stained. perfect condition. I have 20 backpacking tents so if you are interested, email me. sale price is 220.00 and I will pay shipping costs.

Roger Neal
Director
Lebanon Parks & Rec

9:57 a.m. on February 23, 2006 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

The Alps is a nice looking tent and a good price to boot. They seem to make rugged and reasonably priced gear.

1:58 p.m. on February 23, 2006 (EST)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

The Taurus is a decent tent. I've been using ALPS tents for 4 years now and couldn't be happier. :)

They are priced well as you noted and well made.

3:18 a.m. on April 12, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hello, is your K2 xt tent still available? Please email me at mtbradshaw@hotmail.com. Thanks

6:27 a.m. on April 12, 2006 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Creek, back up the swet shop truck.

you were once publicly complaining about "inferior" Alps tents and now your recommending them? What's up with that?

"The material that connects the clips is starting to tear away from the tent body. I only had this tent for a year.

I should note I contacted ALPS Mountaineering and they instructed me to send my tent body in so they can see if it is covered by their warranty.

I think a tent should last longer than a year-especially an Outfitter model. Must be due to the fact ALPS moved their tent manufacturing from South Korea to Communist China. Slave labor+cheap materials=a poor tent in terms of quality. :("

1:59 p.m. on April 13, 2006 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I wrote this before my tent self-destructed.

It was good till all this happened.

2:36 p.m. on April 13, 2006 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

did you ever send the tent in to see what the heck is going on with it?

keep us posted on that.

e

1:33 a.m. on April 14, 2006 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I did Ed. They gladly replaced the tent body. They sent me an slightly "older" model which I actually like better! :)

As for the former tent body, I am starting to think that a chimpmonk or some other similiar critter climbed up between the rainfly and tent body and did all that damage. God only knows. ALPS was wondering the selfsame thing.

1:41 a.m. on April 14, 2006 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

I think I might of overreacted a wee bit over my tent. I was shook up after seeing my beloved ALPS tent in that condition.

I still feel tents (and all other things for that matter) should NOT be made in mainland China however. All for the obvious reasons I noted beforehand. Nothing against the Chinese people (who I actually like) but it is the Communist government I oppose that grossly mistreats the Chinese people. Boycott that government like we do Fidel Castro's Cuba. Support Taiwan but not Communist China.

5:13 a.m. on April 14, 2006 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

that's good news you got it all resolved

Like Dave said, I think we should leave the politics and the preaching outta the camping posts and keep it on the streets of Cleveland.

Hell, I'm guilty too.

Repent you sinners you or you will be bathed in the fires of hell and be forced to ingest evil liquors for eternity.

Hmmm, you know that doesn't sound half bad!

2:46 a.m. on April 15, 2006 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

No preaching Ed. Just stating something I fell strongly about.

Preaching in downtown Cleveland was fun since you mentioned that. :)

Well I got to get some sleep....I got a longggggg....drive to south central Missouri come daybreak. Going backpackin' in the Ozarks friend.

5:49 p.m. on April 24, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi, you are ship the tent to italy??
Thank You Elia.

5:52 p.m. on April 24, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

You ship the tent to italy is a message for "roger"
thanks... plaese contact to my mail:
eliazebe@libero.it

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply