Perwanger Leather

5:34 p.m. on March 2, 2006 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Picked up a pair of La Sportiva Trango Trek's with Perwanger Leather. A tag attached to the boots said www.perwangerleather.com but the web site doesn't exist.

Does anyone have feedback on this letter, it's quality and water proofing.

I picked up last years Trek's the one made in Italy by craftsman... not the new one with GTX that are junk because they're made in China!

9:18 a.m. on March 7, 2006 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

in boot reviews i have read and also on sportiva's site, perwanger is suppose to be one of the highest quality leathers. i know on my trango treks (2004) , it is hard to see any damage from the rocks and crud i have encountered on dayhikes, backpack trips and numerous trail work days.

1:32 p.m. on May 28, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

I have the same question....for example, Asolo makes the 520 and 575 hiking boots, only difference I can see is 520 is full-grain, 575 is Perwanger....what would be the pro's/con's of each? I can't find anything on the internet about this....

8:44 a.m. on June 26, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

la psortiva claims their perwanger is the most abrasion resistent. btw - i used grangers g-wax for nubuck and suede on my trango treks and they are extremely water-resistent . i have ised them in snow and wading thru streams with no leakage. much better stuff then nikwax

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply