successor for Garmont Odyssey boot

9:57 p.m. on April 10, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

About 6 years ago, I got the Garmont Odyssey. It was a great boot and I would gladly buy it again but it's no longer available. Worse, none of the outfitter stores carry Garmont products. I've tried Asolo, but it doesn't match my feet the way the Garmont Odyssey did.

Is there a Garmont shoe that matches the Odyssey? And if so, could a person order it by mail and have any assurance it will be as good? Or is that hoping for too much...

Thanks.

6:12 a.m. on April 11, 2006 (EDT)
35 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

You could check ou the Syncro plus GTX on Garmonts website. This looks to be the closest thing to the Odyssey. Good luck in finding your replacement.

8:32 p.m. on April 12, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I just read a couple reviews and it certainly sounds like the odyssey. Now I wish someone nearby stocked it.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

8:45 p.m. on April 13, 2006 (EDT)
35 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Try Zappos.com

I just checked and they have the boot.
The only caveat is that you are ordering on-line without a try-on. You can return them providing you don't hike with them and only wear them around the house. They are real easy to work with it just may take a couple of back-and-forths to get the right size.

Good luck

11:03 p.m. on April 13, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I will! Thanks again.

8:17 p.m. on April 29, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I have purchased the Syncro and it has the comfort of the Odyssey, so I am very satisfied. The one obvious difference is that the Syncro lacks the hard rubber that protects the toe area of the boot.

I purchased them from Schnee's because they had a bargain price. Schnee's does have a return policy but I'm not sure under what conditions you can return shoes due to a poor fit since I had no issues.

Thanks very much for your advice.

6:30 p.m. on April 30, 2006 (EDT)
35 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Glad to have helped and I am happy you found your boots. As for the return policy, I would call their customer line. My bet is that they will take them back as long as they have not been trail used.

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply