Carbon Poles vs. New Aluminum Poles

11:36 a.m. on June 7, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hey all, I am new to this board but have found that similar forums are full of great information. I am looking to get a Sierra Designs Lightning. There are some great deals on the 05 model. I noticed that the 06 models have aluminum poles. I was told by Sierra Designs it was because Easton's pricing had dramatically increased since last year. I am wondering if in fact the Carbon Poles have any advantages over the hew DAC aluminums or vise versa. Also I would like to know if there are any improvements in 2006 that the 2005 model doesn't have...the Tent Guard with Ultrafresh, more pockets, etc. Thank you everyone in advance for your comments/advice.

5:05 a.m. on June 14, 2006 (EDT)
45 reviewer rep
18 forum posts

My first set of poles I have ever used are REI CArbon poles. I wieght 230+ and they have worked well for me. They have never slipped or felt like they would break regardless of how much wieght I have put on them.

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply