About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Back country in Umatilla Mountains

8:58 p.m. on July 28, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I'm really new to this area and even newer to this forum, this being my first post. I am getting bogged down by job hunting and the economy and am in dire need of a break from urban-life. I am from the tri-cities area in Southern Washington and am looking for good backpacking trip in this part of the country. I did some research (what little online provides) and have looked over a few maps and decided that Umatilla/Blue Mountain ranges would be my best bet.

Does anyone have any experience in the backwoods of these? If so, could you give me hints to a few trails around here? I'm really looking for a one- or two-nighter, with not much more than 8-10 miles a day. I'm doing it with my younger (16 year old) brother who has no backcountry experience, so no extreme climbs, and no rope or fording, please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8:59 p.m. on July 28, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

P.S. I love how the spell check doesn't recognize the word "backcountry". Show's how far we are from usual social determinations.

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply