Just saying Hi

7:22 p.m. on May 26, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Most other forums I'm on like people to introduce themselves....so here goes.

I'm Ted though many people seem to call me Todd....My wife Shari and I are lifelong Oregon residents. In the past few years we have been spending more and more time in the woods as our teenage daughters grow and get ready for college.

We bought a pup up trailer a few years ago (which we still love) and we use that as a base camp to head out on day hikes. We also have a Canoe, started snow shoeing this year and when I can, I like to throw a fly or two at some trout (CR).

We have decided that it is time to try some longer hikes and get back to tent camping a little more. Well you know what that meant....Lots of new lighter gear to be purchased a couple of Backpacks and sleeping pads.

Our goal is to be able to take the trailer out. set up our camp get a good nights sleep head out for an overnight backpack trip come back to the trailer for a night or two....rinse and repeat several times through the summer.

Thanks for all the great reading so far, I have learned many things being a lurker. I hope one day to be able to pass along a tip or two.

Ted

7:52 p.m. on May 26, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Hi Ted, welcome to the forum. I think you have an excellent approach to re- creating in the beauty that nature shares with us. I especially appreciate "rinse and repeat several times..."

9:57 p.m. on May 26, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

tednottodd

Hi Ted & welcome to Trailspace

10:23 p.m. on May 26, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace TED!

I often plan trips similar to what you describe Ted, I base camp for a night if I have to drive most of a day to get to my destination and spend another night (base camp) before driving home.

Good to have you.

1:35 p.m. on May 27, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,015 forum posts

Welcome, Ted!

I hope you and your wife enjoy venturing off on longer hikes and backpacks. Feel free to jump in and ask any questions as they come up.

And share your own tips and experiences with us. None of us should ever stop learning...

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply