Coffee Filters

2:44 p.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

On a recent outing around Three Mile Lake I found that I had forgotten cleaning supplies. But for the first time I had packed some coffee filters to keep the sand from clogging my water filter.Anyway these littlebuggers are realy strong. I scrubed my pots with them. They didnt tear. Then I used some acohol for my stove for cleaning myself . Light wieght, strong, and reuseable. No more will I pack cleaning wipes. These things are great!

3:08 p.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
40 forum posts

I worked in a restaurant in college - in that restaurant we'd use coffee filters for cleaning glass and stainless steel countertops. Yeah, they're tough - seem to work better than the paper towels.

Gotta note this: coffee filters were given to us free by the coffee company, so it was a "cost saving measure" to use coffee filters instead of the paper towels that we had to buy.

3:35 p.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Ill have to pack some for my next trip to try out the versatility and ill try putting one on the strainer of my water filter too and see how much it helps the filter. Ill be leaving this coming Monday for four days.

Hay mikemorrow from reading your bio on your profile we should go camping sometime lol it sound like we would get along good.

5:50 p.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
239 forum posts

Coffee filter for cleaning and wiping , I would never have thought of that. I'll give it a try next week. Good tip!

6:36 p.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
63 forum posts

hmm, never actually considered cleaning with those things. I use them to make tea bags for ground coffee in the absence of the 2 mug system. And whenever I exctact water from the nearby streams for boiling.

7:41 p.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

I also will give this a try, thanks for the tip mikemorrow!

5:46 p.m. on July 16, 2009 (EDT)
65 reviewer rep
170 forum posts

am I the only one that just don't clean up? but I do want to try out the GSI Java filters

9:55 p.m. on July 16, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

I tried the coffee filter trick on my water filter this past weekend and it didn't work very well. Well actually it worked to good it kept clogging up and the water I was filtering was pretty clear but it was worth a try.

5:22 p.m. on July 17, 2009 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

+1 thanks.....

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply