5,934 forum posts
I was just in the process of renewing my Leave No Trace membership, and got to wondering what all the benefits are, aside from supporting the organization and its educational and outreach activities.
1. Training activities - I am a Leave No Trace Trainer, as are some other Trailspace participants. As a member, I get the materials at a discount (they are inexpensive anyway, though if you need a large number for a class, there are shipping charges).
2. Great T-shirts every year! Well, you could take the water bottle, I suppose.
3. discounts on PackIt Gourmet backpacking meals (top quality food for the backcountry)
4. up to $3500 discount on your purchase of a new Subaru (excellent vehicle to get to and from the trailhead - I have had mine for 6 years and over 100,000 miles, and Young Son has had his for 9 years, both of us having used them in deep snow and on 4WD roads - plus they are one of the few cars that got the highest safety awards for the 2010 models).
5. Pro deal prices on Coleman gear (that's less than wholesale dealer cost!)
and other benefits and deals that come up from time to time, like discount subscriptions to several outdoor magazines.
But mainly, as active outdoor folks, we do need to support the concept of Leave No Trace, as has been discussed many times here, and supporting the LNT organization through membership is a good way to do this.
I always add a few bucks to my basic membership fee, as well.