Holiday Camping

1:15 p.m. on January 4, 2010 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

How many members here did some type of camping over the Christmas & New Years holiday.

I myself went over New Years It was a awesome trip, I went by myself (as I normally do) to one of my favorite spots. It was a very quiet and beautiful outing. I had a group of hikers come through on New Years day, they stayed and chatted for about 45 min and that was the only people I saw or heard on my whole trip. I did get to see several deer, tons of birds and heard a few owls and coyotes. It was a very satisfying way to bring in the new year and if my trip was in any way a clue of how the rest of the year will be I will have to say it's going to be a very good year to come.

1:29 p.m. on January 22, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I went on a weekend trip up in the citico wilderness of the Cherokee N F the weekend before Christmas. Turned out pretty nice too, with about a foot of snow.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply