1,469 forum posts
Hello, Hi and G'day all,
I am here asking a question on a topic that has in the past become a little personal and sometimes difficult for people of all thoughts to just simply answer the question.
I have just read several other threads of similar topic though not as specific as my question and even noticed an administrator post a note. So please do read the community rules, or at least be very aware of them before posting accordingly / appropriately http://www.trailspace.com/about/community-rules.html and if your post is a simple answer it will surely work for allowing such posts about firearms to continue in the future.
My question is,
Would a Glock 20 be a hand gun of worthy consideration for personal life saving last resort protection against attacking animals, both 4 legged and two legged.
A note before you think of adding all the don'ts of this possible choice, so you can just answer the question and maybe, please do, add another one suggestion of another hand gun to consider.
- I keep a very clean camp
- I cook away from the tent
- I air tight seal all trash & food & raise when not being used, day/night
- I research the area for info of animals possible of attacking humans
- I check the gun carry laws of areas I am visiting
- I already shoot/hunt w/shotguns, 18.5" & 28" 12GA 2-3/4, 3 & 3-1/2"
I will take the shorty (where allowed) with 00Buck and HV Slugs.
- I go into back country, ride in on MX bike, camp, hike, fish. (Yes, Permits)
- Destinations in the next 36mths, Alaska wilderness, Colorado Rockies, Pacific Northwest, Northern Californian National Forests, Yellowstone Backcountry, .....
- I carry Bear Spray and understand all levels of its' effectiveness
- I carry a small Freo Air Horn
- I carry a small squeeze spray bottle of ammonia
- Camp tools, axe, saw, knife, shovel, blahh , blahhh, blah
And yes, this all fits comfortably on the DS MX(plated) bike along with food for a week. Just need fuel, sometimes.
I have been referred several hand guns. The only specific one that I have heard referred more than once is the Glock 20.
I know I don't want to piss off ol'Mr.Bear if we really have to come to the ultimate decision of squeezing a trigger (as a last resort). But for the two of us that are going on these trips (we both shoot) we are considering one shotgun (already have this) and one hand gun (?).
Good choice ?
YES or no and why ?
What would be another choice and why ?
Oh yeah, many thanks for your simple suggestions.