About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Mountain Trail in Spain. Let's hike!

1:09 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

The entrances for this trail are closed but not policed. It was built in the 1920's for hydro workers.  There is no rail but there is a chain to hold onto... but it doesn't hold much weight, and several people have fallen to their deaths. This is an amazing walk and should have you on the edge of your seat - possibly feeling slightly dizzy. It's 6 minutes long and should be watched till the very end.    

To intensify the experience, click on the full screen button (middle button that looks like four arrows on the lower right hand side of the screen when the player comes up). It's enough to make you nauseous especially when you consider that it was filmed by someone who made the hike carrying a video camera while he did it.

CLICK HERE

Must have been quite a trail to build with all the cement and steel suspended the way it is?

See more videos and pictures at www.youclimb.de

8:16 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
120 reviewer rep
137 forum posts

Yeah, scary just to watch!  Reminds me of this video – Alex Honnold doing the first free solo of Half Dome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICBrXUuwvgg

9:07 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Gary, if ya like that youtube Mt. Hua Shan in Central China. :)

9:17 p.m. on March 8, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts
6:39 p.m. on March 10, 2011 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I'm grabbing my He-Man big wheel(handle bar tassels, handbrake, and clicky wheel)and heading for the local stone quarry here in the hills. Thanks for the inspiration Gary. :)

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply