A new wolf pack in Washington

5:05 p.m. on July 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

No, this in "Washington State" and is the canine variety.  Not the human type often found in our nations capital.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2011/07/05/a-new-wolf-pack-in-washington/

http://www.conservationnw.org/news/teanaway

2:15 p.m. on July 7, 2011 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

It is good to see that nature is restoring the balance.

12:33 a.m. on July 8, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

I agree,  At 52 yrs old I would like to see some kind of balance restored.  I can only cross my fingers and do what I can.  I hope others feel the same and will be at my side.

9:07 a.m. on July 8, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Very cool.

12:13 p.m. on July 8, 2011 (EDT)
141 reviewer rep
218 forum posts

The absence of wolves led to rise of the coyote. I would much rather that there were still wolves in my part of the country than all these dang coyotes. Very cool that they are coming back.

2:29 p.m. on July 8, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

Sweet! I went to college in Michigan's upper peninsula (Keweenaw Peninsula to be exact) and did a backpacking trip on Isle Royale, which is an island use for wolf-moose studies due to its isolation (really interesting stuff, and definitely recommend visiting Isle Royale). Wolves have been coming back to Michigan's upper peninsula too, so it's neat to see that wolves are on the increase in the state I now live in too! Thanks for the articles.

5:05 p.m. on July 22, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

Oh, to hear them again when on the trail.

11:43 a.m. on July 25, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,627 reviewer rep
1,274 forum posts

The wilderness will be a little more wild now. 

Thats an hour or so from my house, just across the (columbia) river.

I know us hunters are all supposedly against wolves because we share a liking for venison but I am not in that camp.  In time maybe we will be able to hunt wolves too.  If it were sustainable and legal, I'd try to bag one, but just one. 

I feel bad for places where the most dangerous animal in the wild is the deer tick.  I'm kinda proud to live someplace where wolves, cougars and grizz are on the rise and not decline.  Will I take some reasonable precautions when I am in their turf, of course.   

December 17, 2014
Quick Reply