Hydro bladder shower anyone?

8:10 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

When I was on my last trip I tried something that I found kinda convenient.

If ya take a bladder, fill it with water(not all the way but close,) chomp down on the bite valve and blow air into the bladder. Pinch the bite valve with your finger tips. Hold it above your head and rinse off some trail dust. When the force dies down just blow more air into it...

Kind of a nice way to cool off a bit. Especially this time of year. I found that I can do this with the bladder in my pack as well to soak the dome a bit.

Also nice having a portable faucet to clean the ol cookware in the morning etc.... :)

10:20 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Pretty amazing stuff, huh?

10:42 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

I go to get stinky... long-standing tradition.

10:53 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Lol, I never said anything about soap, deodorant, or toothpaste... :)

11:51 p.m. on August 2, 2011 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

True... I can see that you also walk the same path. :)

I've used that method for watering dogs on trail.

9:30 a.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Gotta tell 'Ya, Ricky-Boy ....

When I saw the title of this thread ... I was thinking, "bladder? (THAT kind of bladder?".    And, "shower?  (as in, "golden shower"? .... ).

My bad.

Of course, "the Devil made me do it".

And, (of course), HOW could I ever think something like this coming from Rick?

~r2~

10:26 a.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,154 forum posts

I often use my CamelBak bladder as a fire exstinguisher, I just hold the bladder under my armpit and pinch the mouth part and aim the water all over the coals of my night before campfire.

And the bladder either filled with water or air and water makes a nice pillow.

And a friend and I had a water fight using the bladder like a watergun on a hot day!

10:56 a.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

GaryPalmer said;

And a friend and I had a water fight using the bladder like a watergun on a hot day!

Yeh, the boys in our scout troop figured that out last summer: everyone got soaked:)

12:21 p.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,172 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

Never thought of that pillow idea Gary. I think I'm gonna try that out next time, thanks for the tip!

1:13 p.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I just bought a GEIGERRIG hydration pack for my trip to zion in a couple weeks. It has a pump that pressurizes the bag so it actually shoots the water out which is great for washing off or just sharing with others without them sucking on your hose. The clymb did a sale with them 50% with the built in water filter.

I linked the picture to the site for it, I'm super excited to use it.

700-Blue-Back-SMALL.jpg

1:23 p.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

@kenrick- thats pretty much the same thing I was doing. It was kinds nice to just cool off. We have had some pretty warm temps on the east coast this summer.  Good stuff.

Bty the way welcome to Trailspace.

2:49 p.m. on August 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

thanks!

I'm excited to use it... I'm gonna be in zion for a full week, doing mostly river canyon hikes. It's gonna be nice to fill it up where ever, and share the water between the bunch of us. The only forum site i've been on is summitpost so i thought i'd give this one a try.

8:42 a.m. on August 4, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

kenrick said:

The only forum site i've been on is summitpost so i thought i'd give this one a try.

Hang around.  You'll like the folks here!

Oh, and welcome to TS:)

September 22, 2014
Quick Reply