Backpacking mentor for Wounded Warriors

2:14 p.m. on September 13, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
52 forum posts

Hello,

My name is Mike and I live in Southern California. If you are a "Wounded Warrior" and want to discover or rediscover hiking and backpacking and the great outdoors in general, and need a hand, I'm available.

PM me.

Mike

6:46 p.m. on September 13, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Hey mike this is a comendable and wonderful thing your are doing.  I very much like it.  It is my feeling that regardless of whether you agree with where and for what reasons our government places our troops, that they still gave of them selves in theprotection of the country we all live in.  Is there any equiptment that you are short on in regards to this endevor?  I run across many inexpensive items in regards to camping/hiking/backpacing equiptment.  Most of it's not brand name but none the less well work to get people out to the outdoors.  If you have a list of anything you need I'll keep an eye out.

7:27 p.m. on September 13, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
52 forum posts

I appreciate the offer. Let me see who PMs me and I'll definitely let you know what I may need.

12:50 p.m. on September 14, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Nice going Mike, very commendable.  I am sure all will benefit.

2:09 p.m. on October 6, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Mike,

I sure do love the concept of the wounded warrior project and love your idea as well. I hope you receive a lot of responses and really get your idea off the ground and get some of these awesome men and women, who have done their part to give us here at home the freedoms that we often take for granted, out into the great outdoors. Love the idea!!

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply