Bonna Fjellski

11:34 p.m. on March 4, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I recently acquired a pair of Bonna Fjellski skis and am curious to find out more information about them.  I basically know nothing about them.  These skis also have a pair of silvretta bindings on them.  If anyone has any knowledge about these items it would be great to know more  I also put a couple pictures on my page if that helps.

6:13 a.m. on March 5, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
316 reviewer rep
664 forum posts

I lusted after exactly that setup ca. 1975 when I worked at EMS and we sold them there (but they didn't pay me enough for me to be able to afford them!). Probably the last wooden/steel edge mountaineering skis on the market, and the Silveretta cable bindings hark back to the 60's when I first started skiing -- in fact, they aren't that different from my first pair of downhill skis. Bonna, along with many other Norwegian wooden ski manufacturers, is history, only Åsnes and Madshus survived, and they of course don't make wooden skis anymore. If you are going to try them out, keep in mind that wooden skis break, so I would save them for special occasions, as I do with an antique pair of Northlands that I have. I broke my last pair of wooden xc skis within a few weeks after I started telemarking (30 years ago!), and now I am not interested in using wooden skis for anything but ceremonial purposes. But I suppose if you don't ski them too hard they might hold up.

1:47 p.m. on March 5, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thank you for the information. Do you know what they are worth and a marketplace to sell them on. I found them in a storage unit I bought and have no connection to this pair. I have a few other pairs from my grandfather who was inthe 10th mountain division that take up my wall space, so I don't need this pair.

12:34 p.m. on March 6, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Are these skis wood?  You might get an idea of prices from this web site.

http://www.woodenskis.com/

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply