Anyone in Missouri recommend a good place to go backpack or campout?

12:31 a.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

Anyone in Missouri recommend a good place to go backpack or campout?

12:41 a.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

Missouri is a pretty big place, any preference to a certian part of the state?

8:43 a.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

TOM sauk mountain. Pickle springs. St Joe state park. Amadon c.a. silvermines. To name a few.

9:13 a.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

gandrimp said:

Missouri is a pretty big place, any preference to a certian part of the state?

I'm in Springfield,thanks.

9:30 p.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

Not sure if you want to try the West Plains area. Its a 100 miles to your east. North fork and ridge runner trail on the ozark trail. Not alot of view , but theres a nice cool river on the north fork side. Theres some good climbs. The north fork trail isnt marked very well, but the map will be on Ozark trails . com.

Wife and I are going to the Poplar bluff (200 miles to your east) area tommorow night and stay in the victory school house area, we'll hike it the next day, should be around 9 miles (at least thats what I've told her).

How about the katy trail, Ive never been there.

11:07 p.m. on May 17, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

Funny I used to have a farm 20 minutes from West Plains, and lived about 30 minutes from Poplar Bluff in AR. But at the time had a bunch of kids i was raising so didn't get out as much.

9:30 a.m. on May 22, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Tam,

The state parks offer a lot of great campgrounds and backpacking options. I'm an avid camper and have been using the Pocket Ranger app for MO state parks for the past few months. It didn't cost anything to dl and it makes it a lot easier to find whatever I'm in the mood for rather than trying to sift through the internet. You can find campgrounds and parks by region or activity. Really helps the process of narrowing it down!

Hope this helps :) Happy camping!

Sam

8:41 a.m. on May 23, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

OutdoorSam said:

Tam,

The state parks offer a lot of great campgrounds and backpacking options. I'm an avid camper and have been using the Pocket Ranger app for MO state parks for the past few months. It didn't cost anything to dl and it makes it a lot easier to find whatever I'm in the mood for rather than trying to sift through the internet. You can find campgrounds and parks by region or activity. Really helps the process of narrowing it down!

Hope this helps :) Happy camping!

Sam

8:42 a.m. on May 23, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
136 forum posts

Hi Sam, thank you . I want to take the Pac out and ruff it up with friends and family.Can't wait.

September 22, 2014
Quick Reply