About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

TRIP- PAK 3 Back-Pack

9:41 p.m. on January 31, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Can any one help me and let me know what they thing about this Backpack. Pros & cons.

10:50 a.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
39 forum posts

Welcome RRphotography. :) Do you happen to have a website or the specs on the pack? I can't seem to find anything about it and that info would be a big help in reviewing it.

5:52 p.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Now that's interesting.....we are not that good my friend.

Welcome RRphotagraphy, post back and tell us the brand, model, and size (litres or cubic inches) and we can help you!

8:34 p.m. on February 1, 2010 (EST)
3 reviewer rep
101 forum posts

This is an external frame pack for sale on ebay with a starting bid of $8.00. The auction should have ended by now. I looked at this last night and the one picture posted by the seller did not show much detail. It appeared to be of average quality parts and construction. IMO if you want an external frame pack, you would be better off getting one of the Kelty packs. They cost more but a good pack is worth the investment.

1:43 a.m. on February 2, 2010 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

I have a Trip-Pak 2 in my garage that I bought at K Mart in 1979. I hardly ever used it because I didn't really get into backpacking until about 7yrs ago. It has just moved along with me over the years. I used it for the first time in 20yrs this past summer. I needed an external framed pack to carry my gear and a float tube to a trophy Brookie lake so I got it down and packed. By the time we got to the lake (only a few miles) every zipper had completely failed, all the teeth just started falling away. If I remember I'll try to post a picture when I get time.

5:03 p.m. on February 3, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Um my bad, I didn't realize the name of the pack was the thread title, sorry there.

I don't have any experience with one.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply