Making the most of high population park areas

7:11 p.m. on January 25, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Exploring trails in passive backcountry areas like high population parks seems like an interesting place to explore for the newbie backcountry hiker. We live in South Florida and looking to try hiking and kayaking. Any suggestions?

7:39 p.m. on January 26, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,861 reviewer rep
1,325 forum posts

I spent countless hours in the everglades when I was growing up. Perfect for canoeing and kayaking adventures imo.

4:28 p.m. on January 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Thanks, Rambler. I'm sure you've got a few nice stories to tell. We're looking to pick up our first kayak.  It will make a nice addition to our other weekend pastime--golf.

2:02 p.m. on January 30, 2011 (EST)
14 reviewer rep
204 forum posts

there is one decent trail in the everglades... Coastal Prairie Trail.  can get a bit moist on the trail, but the beach at the end is very nice... I stayed there for 2 days and did nothing.. was awesome!

10:42 a.m. on February 6, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Thanks, Coastal Prairie Trail looks worth a trip.  I have been recently visiting  Green Cay Wetlands in Boynton Beach - great for photography and getting familiar with the native habitat and animals.

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply