Introducing Myself

9:41 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Hey everyone, new guy here..... jerseydave, Dave, jd, hey you.... whatever ya want.

I'm kinda new to hiking and backpacking, even though I've spent most of my 48 years enjoying the outdoors. I enjoy fishing (fresh and salt), photography, gardening, skiing, traveling with my family, and now...... add hiking to the list.

Until recently all my "camping" involved a car and a tent.

I recently got into hiking and backpacking and am loving it.

I have a lot to learn, but am eager to learn it.

Right now I'm just daytripping the DWG area of the AT in NJ and PA, as well as limited other areas I may travel to for short jaunts, but plan on gearing up to do longer more adventurous outings in the very near future.

I'm always looking to meet new people, enjoy new places, and learn new skills. If anyone wants to hook up for some hiking in the NJ area with me and a couple friends be sure and give me a shout.

jd

11:41 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace jerseydave! Cool profile picture; where was that taken?

11:58 p.m. on February 26, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,556 forum posts

Welcome jersydave,

I'd love to see some photos of your hiking trips.

8:43 a.m. on February 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Thanks for the welcome.

Pillowthread, that pic was just recently taken @ McAfee Knob in VA. I happened to be vacationing in the area and some friends I had met through a different site were organizing a get together. I rolled the dice, shot on down, and joined what became my first AT Group Hike. Had a real blast.

I just updated my profile to include a link to my online photo albums. There are some more shots of the outing in there if you care to see.

Trouthunter, please check out the link as well (webshot link in my profile). So far I'm new to this whole thing so there are only a few albums in there, but go for it, I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I enjoyed experiencing them.

jd

8:44 a.m. on February 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Apparently you actually have to click on my screen name in order to open up my profile, then the webshots link appears as part of the profile.

11:09 a.m. on February 27, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,556 forum posts

jersydave I just looked at your photos on webshots, I would love to hike there, thanks for sharing!

Your profile photo is epic, it might even be worth the drive from where I live too, near Charleston SC.

12:27 p.m. on February 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

DO IT

And be sure to have some friends to share it with.

As you walk out from the trail, onto the knob for the first time and get a glimpse of the valley below........ words CAN'T do it justice.

DO IT

jd

12:03 p.m. on February 28, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

I'm coming in a bit late on the welcome, but it's good to have you here in our little corner of the interwebses :)

7:21 a.m. on March 1, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Thanks for the welcome, hope I'm able to add rather than detract.

Thats a pretty wild ice sculpture in your profile pic by the way.

jd

7:46 a.m. on March 6, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
155 forum posts

Welcome to the forum JD.

Sorry for coming to dinner late. Been without power for a week. Those Webshots are awesome.

7:45 a.m. on March 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Thanks for the welcome Rl.

We saved a plate for ya.

Without power for a week...... doesn't sound like any fun unless it was by choice (on the trail)

jd

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply