Hello from Ontario!

11:36 a.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Hello everyone,

I hail from Barrie, Ontario. I've been on and reading all the awesome information on this website now for a bit, and thought I should introduce myself.

I used to camp with my parents a while back, but we stopped going for a while. I got away from it too and didn't go camping for quite a few years. Well, after a trip with a few college friends I got hooked again and took a few trips last year.

I'm looking to start doing some backpacking with the ultimate goal of hiking the PCT within the next year or two!

I'm looking forward to doing more

Chris

12:25 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
122 reviewer rep
69 forum posts

Chris o, welcome and greetings from across the border. It is great that you have re-ignited your desire to get back into the "GREAT" outdoors. 

1:12 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Hey Dude welcome and keep posting abuot your preparation for this hike.  Maybe start your own thread.  May make a great story.

1:57 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Chris o, welcome to wonderful world we call Trailspace. :)

4:19 p.m. on May 6, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,378 reviewer rep
631 forum posts

Hey Chris, first of all welcome. Second of all its nice to see some other people from Ontario on here, I'm from Toronto. Theres a lot of knowlegable experienced people to learn from on here. Enjoy.

9:31 a.m. on May 18, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Well, I went up to Algonquin Park right after I posted that, and had a great time.

Camped in Mew Lake campground, and did as much hiking as I could handle.

Next I'm going to do a portion of the Bruce Trail with an overnight camping spot on it. 

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

4:36 a.m. on May 27, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Welcome to TS Chris o,  and Welcome back into the Wild.  But remember...  its addicting!

8:09 a.m. on June 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Hey Chris! I'm from Ontario too, down in hamilton. I'm going up to Algonquin for the first time on June 15th to do the western uplands trail. I'd like to hear about what sections of the Bruce Trail you're doing when you do go, I'm hoping to do a large segment of the bruce trail myself this summer.

10:35 a.m. on June 7, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Welcome to TrailSpace, Chris! I hope you post some photos from your hikes in the Trip Reports section if you've got any, we'd love to see them :)

11:59 a.m. on June 7, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,102 forum posts

Welcom chris. I plan on trying to section part of the PCT next year if the planets align after this trip. Glad to have you. Canada is an awesome country..

December 26, 2014
Quick Reply