Gas fittings

7:50 p.m. on November 26, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Greetings all,  

A question:  Every outdoor store in America sells small bottles (usually green) of propane.  They energize stoves, lanterns, heaters, etc.  Is there a way to use those devices with a standard propane bottle, like the one on my bar-b-que?

Thanks,

Dave

8:01 p.m. on November 26, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,478 forum posts

Welcome DEMO49,

I'm not sure I completely understand your question.

Are you asking if propane fueled camping lanterns, stoves, etc. can be hooked up to the larger 20 lb. propane tanks?

If so, the answer is yes you can, but you need the right equipment.

You will need a Coleman high pressure propane hose with built in adapter.

Click on this link:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000005062&categoryid=5600&brand=#.TtGLV1awWjc

7:41 a.m. on November 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Hi,

Exactly.  In the spirit of preparedness, I thought it might be useful to own whatever was necessary to allow the extended use of the lantern, heater and stove I already own.  Thanks for your prompt and helpful response.

Dave

9:28 a.m. on November 27, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,478 forum posts

Not a problem Dave we love to discuss things and see people be prepared.

This is what we do in the forums on Trailspace, please feel free to hang out some, navigation of the site is easy by using the tabs at the top of the page.

Trailspace also has tons of gear listings with reviews by actual users found here:

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/

There are also lots of great 'how to' articles written by experienced people, found here:

http://www.trailspace.com/articles/

Mike G.

9:33 a.m. on November 27, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

Coleman also made (makes?) an adapter that does the reverse. It connects 2 of the small green canisters together and you can use them in place of a 20lb tank.

12:07 a.m. on December 2, 2011 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

welcome to Trailspace DEMO49,

When setting up a basecamp or car camping for any length of time I like using a propane tree with a hose. The tree attaches to the 20lb tank then attach lantern to the top and use hose(s) for a Stove or Grill

3:48 p.m. on December 6, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

ocalacomputerguy said:

Coleman also made (makes?) an adapter that does the reverse. It connects 2 of the small green canisters together and you can use them in place of a 20lb tank.

Seen this at OSH.

9:05 p.m. on December 7, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone for the useful information.  Having an understanding will make shopping lots easier.  Merry Christmas!

Dave

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply