BushBuddy vs Ti-Tri Caldera Cone

7:26 p.m. on March 9, 2012 (EST)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

Recently, I reviewed the Sidewinder Ti-Tri Caldera Cone and the BushBuddy Ultra. Today, I thought I'd do a quick comparison of the two.
P1100271.JPG

Please join me as I compare a Sidewinder Ti-Tri Caldera Cone vs. a BushBuddy Ultra on today's Adventure in Stoving.

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

P1100266.JPG

8:32 p.m. on March 9, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

Jim have you ever used  a Little Bug?

http://littlbug.com/

9:38 p.m. on March 9, 2012 (EST)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

Hi, Alan,

No, I haven't used a Little Bug nor a Vargo hex nor a 4 Dog Bush Cooker nor a Backcountry Boiler, nor...  

Sigh.  So many stoves, so little time.

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

1:45 p.m. on March 10, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

Time to get cracking!  The little bugs and the 4 dog's are local so I have homer interest in these, but to date have not bought one.  Trangia's ruined stoves for me; just too damn good for three season use.

2:04 p.m. on March 13, 2012 (EDT)
493 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

As an owner of a 3 cup Sidewinder/Inferno stove I can say all of Jim's "pros" for that stove are why I bought it.

Set-up and take-down time are no problem when I consider the versatility of the stove system. I've used it with just ESBIT and the tiny "Gram Cracker" fuel tab holder on the Colorado Trail. Works fine and saves fuel over my previous Vargo stove & MSR windscreen combo.

As mentioned in Jim's article, the Sidewinder has great efficiency in the wind, unlike most other wood stoves. And wind is usually present just when we want to cook!

For a bit more info see my review of the Sidewinder stove here on Trailspace.

12:06 p.m. on March 14, 2012 (EDT)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

alan said:

Time to get cracking!  The little bugs and the 4 dog's are local so I have homer interest in these, but to date have not bought one.  Trangia's ruined stoves for me; just too damn good for three season use.

Aye, but time and money are quite constraining.  :)

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

12:10 p.m. on March 14, 2012 (EDT)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

300winmag said:

As mentioned in Jim's article, the Sidewinder has great efficiency in the wind, unlike most other wood stoves. And wind is usually present just when we want to cook!

I actually found that the stove worked slightly better in a breeze.  More oxygen.

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

1:24 p.m. on March 15, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

hikin_jim said:

alan said:

Aye, but time and money are quite constraining.  :)

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

I am in touch with that.  I may but a little bug this summer.  If I pick one up I'll mail it to you for a demo.  I know the inventor's brother so I've always wanted to get one.

7:49 p.m. on March 15, 2012 (EDT)
81 reviewer rep
422 forum posts

If you get one, I'd be very interested in reviewing it.  I have really enjoyed reviewing the BushBuddy and Ti-Tri Cone, both of which are excellent stoves.

HJ
Adventures In Stoving

10:50 p.m. on March 16, 2012 (EDT)
255 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

billy tea please

November 26, 2014
Quick Reply