MSR mulit fuel parts?

3:23 p.m. on June 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I have a msr and the nozzel has a K on it.

I would like to get this stove back to working and safe again.

Any help out there?

thanks for reading

len k

5:50 p.m. on June 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

And?

What model, what is wrong would help?  K is for kerosene, if you have a International, it will not run long on kero, the 600 is better suited.  Contact Cascade Designs and ask them to send you a G jet if it isn't the 600, they will need to now which stove you have as there is a shaker jet model also for the Int'l and regular Whisperlite.

Duane

5:36 p.m. on June 23, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Hi

I just found my maintenance kit #22129 for Models G and GK.
I also found the booklet that came with the stove.

By this I now know that I have the GK.

Is there any cleaning fluid that you may recomend to losen up any of the parts?

I also found two Jets. One stamp with a G the other I can't make it out looks like its a C. or it could be a ). any ideas what it could be?

Thanks for the help

len k

9:03 p.m. on June 24, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

len, Heat and quench will clean carbon out of the fuel line hopefully, if the jet is stubborn, run the stove briefly, then try a screw driver to remove the jet while it is hot still. Sounds like you have both jets the stove will use. The second one sounds like it is the G/gas jet as there is no "C" jet, they are not always stamped clearly. If you have a pricker, the K jet will have a larger orifice. Try the second jet with Coleman fuel, should run great. Duane

4:46 p.m. on June 27, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

maintainance kits sold at campmor.com got mine back up and working after i had to use auto fuel.  MSR website has user friendly manual and schematics available.

1:26 a.m. on June 30, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

I just bought a Whisperlite universal and am really excited about it! I went ahead and ordered the spare parts kit at the same time. It has three jets and two different ends for the hose so you can burn canister fuels, white gas, kerosene, or unleaded gas! Groovy :)

4:01 p.m. on July 21, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
126 forum posts

its an orifice,luckily MSR is american.call  MSR tell them you have K orifice.another option is find out the correct orifice size(probably in MM,might be in " conversion)and drill it.

4:09 p.m. on July 21, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
126 forum posts

hint,25.4mm divided by 64 is .396875mm

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply