Low or Reduced Sodium Options?

9:53 p.m. on August 25, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,988 reviewer rep
476 forum posts

Thanks to everyone who helped with finding milk and butter alternatives.

I love freeze-dried meals, but my cardiovascular health doesn't.

Trouble is, I've got hypertension, and shouldn't be overdoing it on the sodium to begin with. Sure, MH offers a couple or three LS options, but it won't be long until I tired of those.

Noticed that Zatarain's has a small line of "Reduced Sodium" products, and this was looking to be the best bet as far as finding something BOTH healthy and inexpensive goes.

That said, I won't be adding salami or summer sausage to them, because it would completely negate buying a lower-sodium option to begin with.

Anyone else out there have high blood pressure and face this same problem? What kinds of foods do you cook, and more importantly, what have you found to enjoy? 

As it is, I never add salt to anything and pretty much defer to black pepper as my one-and-only seasoning. Sure, I could pack in some Mrs. Dash, but they don't make her seasonings in fast-food paper packets.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

From the bottom of my heart - literally.

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply