Any experience with Honeyville dried food products?

2:00 p.m. on November 25, 2013 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
316 reviewer rep
664 forum posts

I was looking online for dried refried beans and came across Honeyville. They sell not only the refries, but dried eggs, cheese powders, fruits and veggies, even a few meals (fettucine alfredo) in bulk in #10 cans. As usual, all the on-site reviews are positive to glowing -- but has anyone in the TS community tried them?

8:05 a.m. on November 26, 2013 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,990 forum posts

I don't know them either, BigRed.

If anyone has experience, I hope they can tell you more, and maybe share a review too.

8:09 a.m. on November 26, 2013 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,295 forum posts

I have had the beans, they are pretty decent i guess. I usually mix some fresh onion and cheddar for a nice burrito. Havnt had any of their other stuff though.

4:17 p.m. on January 17, 2014 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

I'm a little late on this but I have ordered almond flour from them, no complaints.

12:50 p.m. on February 26, 2014 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

I'm even later adding my two cents. I have used their beans and agree that they are work fine but need some spicing up. I add onion flakes and garlic salt to mine. I really enjoy their powdered peanut butter. I add it to oatmeal and a few other things but it is also good just as a big spoon of peanut butter without all of the wieght from carrying packets of fresh.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply