Two Burner Stoves?

4:37 p.m. on April 6, 2017 (EDT)
BRAND REP TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,579 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Has anyone used the Eureka Spire ( or Spire LX) stove? Thinking it maybe a good stove for a x-country trip, but have not seen reviews...Alternative would be the Camp Chef sold at REI, but we like the JetBoil aspect of the Spire. Thanks in advance!

4:22 a.m. on April 7, 2017 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,886 forum posts

I assume the JetBoil aspect you refer to is the ability to attach a third burner kit that happens to have features resembling the JetBoil styling.  A three burner stove will also give you that additional burner, probably at less cost too.

The stove you mention should be fine.  Suitcase stoves are pretty basic products, with performance more associated with fuel used (e.g. white gas, propane, etc) and skill of the user, versus differences among brands.  Since Eureka is a main brand it is likely to be satisfactory.  I bought a Colman 2B suitcase a lifetime ago.  It was ok, except the second burner's performance was marginal, a common problem with white gas fueled suitcase stoves.  I converted it to propane  which resulted in greater ease of use and good performance from the second burner.

Ed

6:47 a.m. on April 7, 2017 (EDT)
BRAND REP TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,579 reviewer rep
12 forum posts

Thanks for the input, it is helpful!Apparently part of the burner technology is by JetBoil ( and we have had good luck with their stoves),in addition to being able to hook up the JetBoil stove as a third burner. We know we can convert our old liquid fuel Coleman two burner stove to a canister stove, but think we want to start with a new stove. We figured they were all pretty much the same, and we have also liked our Eureka products.

December 17, 2017
Quick Reply