Snow Peak Cooksets

10:46 a.m. on October 28, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

I am looking on snowpeak.com and I noticed that they make quite a few aluminum non-stick sets and single pots. For example a 30/47 oz aluminum non-stick set that weighs 19.6 oz costs $41. Just the 47oz pot costs $23. Compared to the MSR blacklite 1.5/2L set I think costs $40. I don't think MSR makes a pot under 2L which costs maybe over $50. comments...

*I can't get the snow peak web site to let me buy the 30/47 oz set for some reason...and they haven't returned my email....

11:11 a.m. on October 28, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

Re: Snow Peak Cook sets

Hang on, I messed up. The Alumite-treated aluminum trek combo is a 30/47 oz. weighing 19.6 oz...$41. And I can't find out if its non-stick. I think so...but I am not sure. Their Flourine-coated Aluminum trek combo is 30/47 oz. weighing 18.2oz...$65! For that price I should just buy the MSR Blacklite combo for like $40. The Flourine-coated Aluminum Trek 1400(47oz) is $35 (10.1oz), yet for that price I should jsut buy the MSR blacklite classic for $40. I wish MSR would jsut make a non-stick pot, but they don't. I don't really need two pots...yet for the price...

8:29 p.m. on October 29, 2006 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,272 forum posts
Re: Snow Peak Cook sets

Jonathan, you really should take a look at the GSI anodized aluminum cooksets. As you should have noticed, several people on this site have used GSI gear and been extremely happy with it. It costs less than Snowpeak and MSR and has proven very durable for everyone who has posted here who has used it.

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply