Instant Noodle Soup

11:07 a.m. on November 22, 2008 (EST)
6 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

Hello All,

For all the noodle lovers out there (if there are any besides me) you must try Thai Kitchen Instant Rice Noodle Soup. I had them today and they are really great! The website for their products is http://www.thaikitchen.com/index.html

11:39 a.m. on November 22, 2008 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

I like Thia Kitchen products, at least half of my backpacking meals are made up of store bought, just add water meals.

12:18 p.m. on November 22, 2008 (EST)
6 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

Me too! I am not fond of MSG and it is not listed as used with Thai Kitchen products. Weight is an issue with me because of back problems so lighter is better! We have Mr. Noodles here, I think in the US it is the Ramen noodle twin. Our Mr. Noodles product has MSG but I sometimes eat the noodles because they are hardy but add my own spices. I also use Moutain House products, the beef stroganoff is so yummy. I am really impressed with the taste of those meals for being deydrated.

3:01 p.m. on November 22, 2008 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

What is the packaging like? Anyone who brings those styrene cups-with a paper lid-wrapped in cardboard-sealed in plastic wrap (which, by the way, can be bought by the dozen in yet another cardboard box and wrapped in additional plastic wrap) on a hike of mine, gets a stern lecture on the evils of landfill waste.

6:18 p.m. on November 22, 2008 (EST)
6 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

I agree with your concern for the environment but try not to lecture others on their choices, people seem not to take that so well. LOL I have expressed however my opinions to the producers of certain foods about how they package certain products. People cannot buy what is not available. The packaging of these noodles is a small plastic wrap, not the best but far from the worst, life is sometimes about picking the lesser of the evils. I do agree on the styrene bowls wrapped with cardboard and then in plastic, what were they thinking?

11:31 a.m. on January 7, 2009 (EST)
63 reviewer rep
190 forum posts

The couscous made by Near East is easy to prepare, and it's a nice break from the mushy, goup like dinners I have come across in backpacking stores. I tend to divide the ingredients into two zip-locks if i'm alone. Also, you can add some dried broccoli after the couscous, and it steams up really nice. I like texture as much as flavor on the trail.

12:35 a.m. on January 8, 2009 (EST)
19 reviewer rep
160 forum posts

Anyone who brings those styrene cups-with a paper lid-wrapped in cardboard-sealed in plastic wrap (which, by the way, can be bought by the dozen in yet another cardboard box and wrapped in additional plastic wrap) on a hike of mine, gets a stern lecture on the evils of landfill waste.

I burn all of my styrene foam products. I just love doing my part to help out with the environment and cut back on land fill waste. =)

12:58 p.m. on January 8, 2009 (EST)
225 reviewer rep
1,192 forum posts

BTW, can anyone tell me where to get non-msg ramen packets?? They used to be available from Westbrae in little packets but have disappeared.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply