Food for the Littlest Hikers

7:17 p.m. on September 22, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

I am going to be testing the Miles Outside Organic line of baby foods for baby hikers. It was developed by a couple when they decided to take their baby, Miles, for a hike on the AT. Their website is http://www.milesoutsideorganic.com/

The food looks to be good quality and gluten free. I will post a review once Kaia is old enough to test it and we can see if she likes it.

We'll also be making our own baby foods most of the time. That way I have control over the ingredients. I plan to dry some for the trail too. My best friend and I have done this before for her little guy and the results were wonderful.

I figure that there are probably other parents who plan to take their wee ones on the trail and that lightweight food alternatives will be in order.

10:00 p.m. on September 22, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Well my kids are grown, but I'm sure sooner or later I will be blessed with grandchildren, and you have given me something to think about.

I plan on making more stuff at home myself.

11:16 p.m. on September 23, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

I like making stuff at home... I guess I'm a bit of a control freak that way... lol.

September 1, 2014
Quick Reply