Eastern Active Technologies EAT :)

12:46 p.m. on July 27, 2011 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,302 forum posts

I posted this here once before a while back. A comical site with edible gear. Check out all its gear for a good laugh! :)

www.ediblegear.com

Our consumable backpacks, sleeping bags and tarps have been carried over thousands of miles and over countless mountains by our happy (and well fed) customers.

Our products are made possible by our proprietary sugar, starch, rice and meat based materials and your appetite.

Imagine watching your camping buddies unpacking their huge backpacks and setting up their intricate (and heavy) shelters while you recline in luxury, secure in the knowledge that you'll be carrying about sixteen ounces less tomorrow. And another pound per day after that.

Our high end products are definitely not for everyone. Whiners need not apply. Those willing to put in the effort and discipline needed to take advantage of the super-ultra-ultra-lightweight approach we pioneered will see the benefits immediately. Those not willing to "suck it up" might want to leave right now, and spend your hard earned money at The North Face or Feathered Friends. If you consider yourself "hard-core" though, check out our product line via the links at the left (note we recommend use all of our products in conjunction to get proper and balanced nutrition).

Example:

SnackPackTM. Made of the same high tech GummiSkin as our tarps, the SnackPack is tough yet toothsome, strong yet sweet.

You'll definitely have to be careful not to bite off more than you can chew; make sure you have enough sack left to carry your uneaten gear back home. In fact, we make the SnackPack in an extra large version for just that reason. It's made to reduce in size as you're reducing your load so you finish it up the last night out. Eat the rest of your CaliforniaRoll and SnackSack for breakfast, and carry the lightest load of all to the trailhead. You might want to save a strap or two to chew on while in motion, but it'll be hard to resist just gobbling it all. Offered in four delicious flavors and two practical sizes.

SnackPack I Volume: 2800 cubic in. Weight: 17 oz. Material: GummiSkin Flavors: Blueberry
Mango
Passion Fruit
Spice

SnackPack IIVolume: 3500 cubic in. Weight: 24 oz. Material: GummiSkin Flavors: Blueberry
Mango
Passion Fruit
Spice

4:18 p.m. on July 27, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I remember this thread.

9:49 p.m. on July 27, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,295 forum posts

On one trip I thought we were eating some of ediblegear's product, only to find out what chewed and tasted like a hiking boot was actually one of our group's effort at backcountry cuisine.

Ed

10:16 a.m. on July 28, 2011 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,302 forum posts

Ha-Ha :)

12:21 a.m. on July 30, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

You would truely be a Bear Burrito in the sleeping bag

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply