Minibulldesign Bios Stove may be discontinued!

8:08 p.m. on September 6, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,485 forum posts

I just ordered another Bios Stove from Tinny at Minibulldesign.

Tinny says the alcohol stove which is made from aluminum Budweiser stadium bottles may be discontinued because the bottles may go out of production just like the Heineken Mini Keg did.

Major bummer on both counts!

If you enjoy collecting or using alcohol stoves and don't have one of these, check it out here:

https://www.minibulldesign.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=54&idcategory=2

The Bios stove is a single batch load, double walled, open top, side burner with a priming wick. The stove is also the pot stand since the jets are on the side of the stove not on top. Once the stove is lit and burning you just sit your pot directly on top of the stove. I have used one for a couple years now and love the design.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7IE2aqc2GBU-kqjEyyrp

These stove work well with wider pots, with narrow pots the flames run up the sides of the pot wasting thermal energy & fuel.

Minibulldesign makes several versions of this stove including a non jetted one for DIY'ers who want to experiment.

Weight of the stove is about the same as an empty beer can at 1.1 oz or 32 gm. You will need to supply your own wind screen.

Here is a nice video review by a customer named Eric:

2:52 p.m. on September 8, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

And I am still grieving over the keg can;(

10:44 p.m. on September 10, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,485 forum posts

Guyz said:

And I am still grieving over the keg can;(

Fortunately I saved several up for rainy day projects, in fact Tinny even sent me a monster stove made out of keg cans that will fry fish. He called it the Sketi, no longer made though.

I use a heiny pot sometimes on UL trips, but I'm partial to my Snow Peak pots for most trips.

9:13 a.m. on September 12, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

trouthunter said:

Tinny even sent me a monster stove made out of keg cans that will fry fish. He called it the Sketi, no longer made though.

You got to post some pics of that.  That really sounds slick!

6:25 p.m. on September 12, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,485 forum posts

Sure I can post a couple photos, it might take me a couple days to get to it, but I will.

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply