"Mountain Systems" sleeping bag

1:52 p.m. on September 11, 2011 (EDT)
114 reviewer rep
52 forum posts

I recently purchased a sleeping bag that comes from a company called Mountain Systems out of Eugene Oregon.  I was told it was purchased new in 1974 but I cannot find anything about the bag or the company.  Does anyone know anything about this (I assume) now defunct company?  The bag seems to have been put together well.  I was told it is a -30 degree bag, according to the tags it is "100% prime gray goose down".  It weighs 5lbs 11.4 ounces and, to me is unusual, has a snap closure along the zipper.  Oh and the other unusual thing is that the "stuff" sack ties up like a shoe.  I'll post a couple pictures, any information would be appreciated.  I don't know if I'll ever need a bag this warm but I am finding that I enjoy having a variety of gear.

IMG_7318.jpg

IMG_7316.jpg

3:56 p.m. on September 11, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts
7:10 p.m. on September 11, 2011 (EDT)
114 reviewer rep
52 forum posts

apreman,

I appreciate the links.   I find no mention of sleeping bags by this company though, these links are for packs.  I did notice that this company is located in Seattle Washington while the sleeping bag says Eugene Oregon.  I'm not sure if it's the same company (that made a big move) or just a retread of an old name.     Thanks again for taking the time.

vtrek

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply