FS MOUNTAIN HARDWARE UNIVERSE SL SLEEPING BAG

5:46 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

This is an amazing amazing bag...but too warm for my uses. Here are the specs:

UniverseBag.gif

Product Description Mountain Hardwear - Universe SL - 600+ Down Sleeping Bag. Rated: 0 F/-18 C. Quantum expansion included.

weight: 3 lb 10 oz/1.6 kg
temp rating: 0 F/-18 C
fill type: Down
shape: Mummy
expansion: Quantum
fill weight: 1 lb 13 oz/822 g
loft: 6.5 in/16.5 cm
inside length: 6 ft 6 in/2 m
shoulder girth: 5 ft 0 in/1.5 m
foot girth: 3 ft 2 in/1 m
stuffed diameter: 7 in/17.8 cm
stuffed length: 1 ft 4 in/40.6 cm
insulation: 600-Fill Down
laminate: Conduit SL
Lifetime Warranty

Buy one bag and it's like having two! Expandable draft tube provides up to 8'' of additional room for warm weather and layering space in colder temperatures, or zip it up to a slimmer cut for more efficiency in cold conditions.

(Quantum Bags all have the Quantum Expander, an ingenious way of adjusting the volume of your sleeping bag to respond to changing conditions.)

I bought it new at retail $345, will sell for $275 plus shipping. It is practically new! Comes with a stuff sack. The extra zipper that expands is so cool I don't know why all bags are not made this way! I will be sad to part with this bag, but it's way more warmth than I need.

Here are pics of actual bag, I'm happy to take and send more...thanks for looking!

Karen

Bag in stuff sack:
BGinBG.jpg

Top view:
BGtop.jpg

This shows the Quantum zipper feature, both zippers are full-length.
BGquantmzip.jpg

Cozy!

BG3.jpg

BG2.jpg

BG1.jpg

6:06 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

oh and this is from the website Everestnews.com:

The Universe SL sleeping bag is part of Mountain Hardwear’s Quantum collection. The Quantum series means there is seasonal and temperature versatility in this mountaineering bag not found in its competitors. The Universe SL is a 600-fill down bag with a 0 degree comfort rating. However, by including an expandable and insulated 8-inch draft tube this bag can be just as comfortable during a glacier whiteout as it can be on a summer mountain side. The hot air comes out of the bag by unzipping the tube in warmer temperatures and with the pull of a zipper can eliminate dead air space in colder conditions.

Claustrophobia doesn’t stand a chance in this adaptable mummy. In addition to the possible 8 inches of elbow or layering room provided by the draft tube, the Universe SL sleeping bag also has a multi-baffled footbox. The comfort footbox has improved fit by allowing for natural foot position while the multi-baffle increases warmth. Meanwhile, the eight-baffle tailored hood keeps the most important extremity (the one that dreams of future summits) warm and comfortable throughout the night.

This waterproof and breathable sleeping bag is as functional as it is durable. The tucked-stitched baffles work to prevent threads from snagging and breaking while being packed, unpacked or pulled out and under the stars. And one need not worry about fabric catching during late night temperature regulating episodes or cold hand camp set up, as the zipper snag guards keep your bag safe and snag free.

6:14 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts
9:18 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

This is a nice bag.  If I I didn't have enough Sleeping bags already, this one might just be in the running.  I like the features that allow you to expand it and use it in many different conditions.  Good luck with your sale.

10:48 p.m. on September 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Thanks, it IS a nice bag!

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply