WTS: Dana Design Wet Rib & Packfly

1:39 p.m. on October 26, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Wanting to sell my Dana Design wet rib, size small, for the right shoulder strap. $55 shipped

Also a packfly $30 shipped. One of the cord locks broke, but it still works - tie a quick slip knot and good to go. Marmot has a lifetime guarantee on Dana Design products. They might replace it - not sure. Fits the Alpine model I have (~5000 cubic inches/80L)

Buy both for $75 shipped.

Also available for meet up near Berkeley, CA. Subtract $5 for face-to-face transactions.

IMG_0059.jpg

An example of the pack fly set up:

590478_raw.jpg

Mine differs from the picture in that there is no logo, and is the blue color seen in the first picture.

Cross-posted on various forums

3:19 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

How about $70 shipped for both?

9:24 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
387 forum posts

I'm confused.  Still showing on the front page of the classifieds, about 15 slots down, is your original sale for these two items, and even at $58ppd, they didn't sell.  Why would they sell at $75?  Are these different items than those in this listing?

2:21 p.m. on November 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Checked/compared my prices on eBay.

Honestly, none of your business anyway.

3:42 p.m. on November 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Jason762 said:

Checked/compared my prices on eBay.

Honestly, none of your business anyway.

I was considering your items but after your rude comment I'll pass.  Further more if your trying to get as much money out of your items as your seeming to, "you are more than welcome to go sell them on eBay!!"

4:16 p.m. on November 3, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Actually Jason, its anyones business who would be in the market for these items. Its called maximizing ones dollar spent.

5:19 p.m. on November 3, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

As I see it, it was none of his business why price went up.   How many of you question the rising cost of gas?  Or an item at a grocery store?  In my case, I checked eBay and found the items were selling for higher than I had posted.

If he really wanted to know he should've contacted me via PM.  The ad was obviously retracted, and if I could've, I would've edited it/deleted it.  

Apeman, rude?  No, just honest.  If honesty is rude then should I lie with politeness?

Rick, I'm maximizing my dollar earned.  I'm broke with no income, not that that's anyone's business.  In any case, anyone wanting these items at a cheaper price can always try to negotiate via PM.

I now have no desire to sell on this forum.  Rick, if you could delete this post and my account I'd be grateful to you.

5:26 p.m. on November 3, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

There is also a policy where if a product is stickered wrong the retailer has to honor it.

It just looks pretty shady when you have 2 threads open to sell the same product with 2 different prices. It gives one the impression that the seller is trying to take advantage of someone.

I agree that there was reason to question this and at the same time do not feel there was any need for a rude response.

Your personal situation is your business. Noone asked that info. You just divulged it on your own in the previous response.

What Zeno pointed out was that it was listed twice for 2 different prices and was wondering if it was 2 different products.

I will go in and delete the other posting so there is no more confusion.

I am also not quite sure what you compared it to price wise on Ebay because there is a wet rib(L)selling on Ebay now for $33 with no rips and includes the bottle.

Also not sure if ya noticed but there is also a pack fly up for sale that has no damage for $29, the seller doesn't think it has ever been used.

Plain and simply put one is not going to spend top dollar on damaged goods.

Happy hiking-Rick

12:09 a.m. on November 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
387 forum posts

I apologize for being the impetus to this all.  I wasn't trying to harsh his mellow with my post, and because his response was succinct, I didn't really find it rude or unfriendly.  However, because of the sense of community here, not to mention it being an open and public place, I do believe conflicting prices, information, etc can be expected to be outwardly explained without it being adversarial (how's that for a crappy sentence???).  Everyone should have the option to alter their prices, but with that, an explanation (not necessarily a personal one) shouldn't be out of the question.  One can freely offer the reasoning, or they can be called out on it publicly (because exchange here is rather public and not a backroom thing).  Either way, it isn't a big deal.

Apeman is correct in advising that if you want top dollar (and there isn't anything wrong with that), eBay is the best venue for that.  By the time you pay both PayPal and eBay, 12% or so is going into their pockets.  Personally, I'd rather give someone the 9-12% discount than playing along with eBay and giving their stockholders the stroking.  Then again, some stuff simply isn't going to sell here for what we expect, so the significantly larger market that is eBay is the smartest route.  Obvious stuff.  I don't mean to be patronizing.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply