For Sale: Alps Mountaineering Summit Series XXL Inflatable Sleeping Pad

9:37 p.m. on November 28, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

This thing is a bed:
DSCN0621.jpg

No, really. At 30" wide, 77" long, and 4" thick, it's a self-inflating single bed. The uses are almost without limit: It is THE car camping pad; it is a perfect spare bed for guests; much more comfortable than any inflatable air mattress, and I prefer it to most pull-out couch beds as well. It weighs close to 9lbs, though it rolls up to a very manageable 12" diameter. It does NOT have a flocked surface like many car camping pads, making patches as easy as a smear of seam-grip or a piece of duct tape. That said, there are absolutely NO holes or abrasions on the pad whatsoever.

Dual, solid brass valves inflate and deflate the pad. They are bulletproof, and do not need to be babied like so many cheap plastic valves. The bottom is a thick polyester fabric, with little silicon dots to keep it from sliding around.

The head area is noticeably thicker than the rest of the pad, at 5.5", serving as a sort-of built-in pillow:
DSCN0622.jpg

I love any occasion when I get to use it, but those occasions are few and far between. As a person who climbs a fair amount, I'll just be using a bouldering pad for such purposes from now on.

This pad is not manufactured anymore, and is quite rare. It went for $180 new; I'm looking for $60 plus actual shipping. I accept payment by paypal only, and can have the pad shipped as soon as your payment clears.

Thanks for your interest!

5:11 p.m. on December 14, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Some quick math: Let's see...divide by six...carry the twelve...

Yup, that's one-third the original price, for the plushest self-inflating sleeping mat one can buy.

4:19 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Do it; do it now!

9:00 p.m. on January 12, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,064 forum posts

Who needs a port-a-bed...

August 22, 2014
Quick Reply