FS: Marmot Titan 2P, $90 (Tent)

12:08 p.m. on December 4, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
813 reviewer rep
533 forum posts

Let me start off by saying this is a nice, lightweight, 2 person, 3 season, backpacking tent.  It is the same tent as the Marmot Earlylight, except, the inner tent is entirely mesh and there is no window in the fly.  This particular model is discontinued and I bought it from the STP website for $155.  It uses two DAC poles as the supporting frame and the poles seat into grommets at 4 points around the bottom of the inner tent.  The inner mesh tent clips to the poles and the fly drapes over the top.  The fly does not come in contact with the ground like a 4 season tent. There is a gap between the fly and the ground of about 2 -3 inches which allows for ventilation.  The tent can be used with or without the fly.  There are two doors and two equally sized vestibules.  The doors can be unzipped and rolled back for more venting.  The inner tent doors can be rolled open and secured also.  THERE IS NO VENT IN THE FLY'S ROOF.  The door zippers work both ways, either unzipping from the bottom up, or the top down.  In heavy rains I have had the tent zipped up completely and have encountered some condensation on the fly, but, it has never dripped or misted through the inner tent.  There are 4 guy points on the fly (guylines and a total of ten original pegs are included) for higher wind situations.   I have a homemade footprint i cut out of tyvek for the tent and it will ship with the tent also.  I have used this tent once in the backyard, twice backpacking with my wife, and once on a 4 day trip to the northern New Mexico mountains (rained day and night).  Tent is in excellent shape and it has never been damaged in any way. 

$90, stuff sack included, buyer pays shipping, transaction handled through paypal.
DSCF0592.jpgDSCN9875.jpg

2:02 p.m. on December 19, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
813 reviewer rep
533 forum posts

SOLD

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply