For Sale: Patagonia Capilene 3 Baselayer Set

6:03 p.m. on December 14, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

These are the quintessential set of baselayers. They excel in cooler climates, though I have even used just shirt top by itself for hiking in 60F temps. They are ideal for fall though early spring activities. I, personally, prefer a baselayer set of this weight to an "expedition weight" set even in the dead of winter, as the real heavy-weight sets take a very long time to dry once wet from sweat.

This set is in great condition, with just a couple of small snags in the outer fabric; nothing that compromises fit or function, just cosmetic stuff...

Capilene-3-Top.jpg

These are made of Patagonia's signature fabric, a soft synthetic with a brushed interior face to very effectively wick away sweat.

Capilene-3-Bottoms.jpg

I'm selling them because they're just a little short in both the arms and legs for my height. They are a men's size medium. I'm 6'-1" tall, and 165lbs, and from the length issue they fit me perfectly. If you're 6' tall or under, I'm sure the length will be ideal. The color is a light grey (same color, despite the tone of that second picture...), and the top has the crew neck.

They go for about $80 new a set. Considering the condition of this set, $60 would be fair, but I'm asking for $40. That's right, $40 shipped for what might be the most versatile set of baselayers out there. For your safety and mine, I accept Paypal only.

Thanks for your interest!

4:20 p.m. on December 25, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

So, then, that's maybe $16 per piece, plus shipping...

9:01 p.m. on January 12, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Patagonia goodness...

8:21 p.m. on January 13, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
398 forum posts
1:09 a.m. on January 14, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Those are the ones...

1:12 a.m. on January 25, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

That's over half off a set of some of the best baselayers money can buy...get rid of those old, stained cotton Long Johns!

2:45 p.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,076 forum posts

Who can top that...

November 24, 2014
Quick Reply