About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

DeLorme PN-60 GPS, $150 + shipping

1:05 a.m. on February 15, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,018 reviewer rep
1,208 forum posts

I have a DeLorme PN-60 that I bought August 2010.  It got limited use for a few months before I upgraded to (replaced it with) a PN-60w.  The original PN-60 has been on the shelf since then. I am selling it because I don't need it.

The unit has some minor scuff marks but is otherwise in very good condition.  It comes with the original map & Topo North America 9 CDs and is packed in the original box,  all with the printed manual and USB cable.

In addition to the supplied maps, you can also (at your own expense) subscribe to the DeLorme MapPack (maps, arial imagry) and Digital Globe (Hi Rez maps & imagery) service(s) to download & install additional maps on the device.

To be clear, this is the PN-60 (not the PN-60w with SPOT messenger).

I will install the latest firmware (3.3, released in December) prior to shipping.

I paid $289 in 2010.  The current MSRP is $299, and Amazon's current price is $220.

I'm thinking $150 + shipping is a fair price.  Payment should be via PayPal.

If you want to read about this model  to see if it's right for you, here's the marketing info from the source:

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=30538&section=10460

And the manuals are available in PDF format here:

http://support.delorme.com/questions.php?questionid=96

I reserve the right to limit this sale at my own discretion to Trailspace members who have been registered and active for a "reasonable" period of time with a "reasonable" amount of forum participation (both to be determined by me).

To the best of my knowledge the unit is fully working without any defects.   However as this is a private sale I am not prepared to offer a warranty other than that it will not be DOA.

Thanks for your interest.  Feel free to respond with any questions.

7:49 p.m. on February 20, 2012 (EST)
1,018 reviewer rep
1,208 forum posts

Hmmm, is there interest and the price is too high (really??) or just no interest? :)

2:22 p.m. on February 21, 2012 (EST)
8 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Hi Bheiser1,

I would offer you $100 plus shipping for the PN-60.... if you are willing ?

3:22 p.m. on February 21, 2012 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,234 reviewer rep
5,182 forum posts

The PN-60 is a good GPS receiver. We used them on the Cordillera Blanca Environmental Expedition 2011 (this past July in Peru). I use a PN-60wSE most of the time. The only differences are that the straight -60 lacks the "w" for the wireless connection to the SPOT Communicator and the extra internal memory of the "Special Edition" (the "SE" designation). But you can put a 32G SD card in for all the memory you would ever need.

There is an active Delorme forum at http://forum.delorme.com/ with lots of experienced and helpful people (plus some of the tech support people chime in from time to time) - something the other major consumer GPS receivers are lacking in.

3:37 p.m. on February 22, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Sent you a PM.  Thanks.

1:58 p.m. on February 25, 2012 (EST)
1,018 reviewer rep
1,208 forum posts

**SOLD**

Thanks OGBO for posting that add'l info - and to the bidders.

Sorry for the delayed response here, I've had some personal things going on.

5:24 p.m. on February 28, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

The PN-60 arrived excellently packaged, in great shape, and with fresh batteries.  A very smooth and quick transaction.  It was a pleasure doing business with you, bheiser1.  Now I'm off to get back on the trail and see what new features this has over the PN-40.  Thanks!

5:55 p.m. on February 28, 2012 (EST)
1,018 reviewer rep
1,208 forum posts

Excellent, I'm glad it all worked out.  Pleasure doing business with you too s1xty7, and thanks for a smooth transaction with & great communications & quick payment.

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply