marmt swolow tent fs

3:38 p.m. on February 25, 2012 (EST)
4 reviewer rep
70 forum posts

im the only owner shes ever had still in good shape no mildew or any thing like that.it does need to have shock cord replaced in poles you can buy a kit on campmour for about 4 bucks four season tent borito bag old style iv had 30 inches of snow on her one time she did great asking 120 bucks plus shipping call me at 9064307704 please we can talk about it thanks john

10:14 a.m. on February 26, 2012 (EST)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

Is this the tent??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRbrseh9U4

8:38 p.m. on February 26, 2012 (EST)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

I understand that typing out a full post with punctuation, spelling and grammar may be a bit much for some people. Seriously, I try to understand that.  But, if you are selling an item, please, please, please spell the company and model of the item correctly.  It's the least a seller can do!

1:07 p.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

oh, c'mon "Cleric"...why ruin a guys classifeid if you have no interest in purchasing the item.

Golden Rule?

1:28 p.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

I thought this might be timely...           As shared by Murph at spiritburner.com

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

One to move it to the lighting section

Two to argue, then move it to the electrical section

Seven to point out spelling/ grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

Five to flame the spell checkers

Three to correct spelling/ grammar flames

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another six to condemn those six as stupid

Two industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

Fifteen know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

Nineteen to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

Eleven to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

Thirty-six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLs

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "me too"

Two to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

Five to say, "Didn't we go through this already a few months ago?"

Nine to say, "Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

One forum lurker to respond to the original post eight months from now and start it all over again

1:30 p.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Lol, that sounds about right. 

3:42 p.m. on February 27, 2012 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Chinchillas...that is all. 
Joking aside, good luck with selling the tent, Yooperman!  

7:31 p.m. on February 28, 2012 (EST)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Let me quit changing that lightbulb (light bulb?) and do right by this.  My apologies to the OP:

Marmot Swallow

MAR0427.jpg

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/marmot/swallow-2p/

5:00 a.m. on March 1, 2012 (EST)
4 reviewer rep
70 forum posts

well mr cleric sorry i dont meet yer standerds fer selling an itam on here just glad we dont pack in the same places cause i dont care for folk that cant keep there mouths shut im just a backcountry camper not a rocket scietest   {~:

5:35 a.m. on March 1, 2012 (EST)
30 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

Duuuuuuuuuude.... Cleric was a stand up guy, gave you an apology and made amends.

The members here kind of police the boards ourselves to help out the moderators, and I must say, your response to Cleric was definetly way out of line.

You need to apologise for that threat or it is time for the moderators to delete this ad!

You just blew ANY chance of someone wanting to buy your tent.

On a side note - do you happen to know the Simmons family in Cedarville?

6:04 a.m. on March 2, 2012 (EST)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

Yooperman,

Thanks for checking back.

But is the tent in the vidio & picture it???

I'm interested.

Dont bit@h for us trying to find out and help.

I'm 52 not 23 so I want to make sure what I'm buying..

10:35 a.m. on March 2, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I wouldnt sell my tent to any of those guys. What was wrong with his response? Cleric is the one who started it. I leave out punctuation and use poor grammar, but im doing it from my phone in the WOODS. Not from my desk on my computer. If you dont want his item dont post, much less a comment like that one. Who cares if he can spell, he likes the trails just like everybody else on here. I thought this was about helping each other enjoy the woods, not bash each other about proper english.

6:19 p.m. on March 2, 2012 (EST)
4 reviewer rep
70 forum posts

all i wont to do is sell a tent not make a guy happy cause i dint use proper english.now mr prude if you would have handeled this proper you could have emailed me or heaven forbid you could have called me but hey its just as easy to publicly humileate some one. so do what u must i dont know if i realy wont to sell it here anymore any ways.ive always went out of my way in da woods to help others but i guess that dosent apply here so have a great life doing what ever it is you do mabe an english teacher smile and have a great day...{~:

9:02 p.m. on March 3, 2012 (EST)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

Yooperman,

Is this the tent that is for sale?

You tube vidio and picture that has been posted?

7:28 a.m. on March 4, 2012 (EST)
4 reviewer rep
70 forum posts

yes it is its the old style...its got a few miles on here needs new shock cords in tent poles  make me an offer if you wish 4 season tent...

9:27 a.m. on March 4, 2012 (EST)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

Old Style???

What is the diffs. Color, fly, zipper config??

Do you have pic of it setup?? Dont set it up just for a pic.

It needs new shock cord and everything else is good? Zippers,Floor no rips tears or burn spots, needs seam sealed or rewaterproofed??

I understand it used I dont expect it to be new..But I dont want a wore out

piece of nylon either with poles and stakes.

Thanks

reply on here or PM me. Please.

12:20 p.m. on March 4, 2012 (EST)
4 reviewer rep
70 forum posts

no man its in good shape no holes or rips all the netting is perfect there are no vents at the bottom of the tent as showen on the one in the video the fly was the same color at one time but mine is a bit faded probibly needs to be treated with some fly water proofing but it still repels water well ill have to lool for a pic i took it to I.R. N>P. i know there are some pics ill look .slso the windows are a little diffrent.

5:37 a.m. on March 19, 2012 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
119 forum posts

did you ever find the pic??

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply